Fourth Surfboards – Fivenine
Fourth Surfboards – Fivenine – 5’9 x 19 1/2 x 2 5/16 (FCS II no fins included)
Fourth Surfboards – Fivenine a brand new surfboard, never been used. An uncollected custom order. No defect, no damage. Name of customer-written by dimensions.
More information on the Fivenine
- Fourth Surfboards Five Nine Model
- Outline: Bullet shortboard outline made wider and shorter
- Tail Shape: Rounded wide squash
- Concave: Deep single throughout
- Rocker: Lower tail with higher nose to engage more board in the water
- Rails: 60/40 performance rails
- Fin Set-Up: Traditional shortboard thruster 3-fin set up (fins not included)
- Volume: Medium high Volume, higher than standard shortboard with same in rail and nose area
- FCS II fin box set up
The Five Nine
The Five Nine is a high performance board which works in smaller waves or a performance all-rounder for the average surfer. This model is the go to groveler board for the Fourth team by being shorter and wider to excel in everyday conditions. The outline is basically a squashed down bullet shape shortboard, this accentuates the pivot point of the tail hip and the parallel forward point past the fins, which gives you a stable platform and down the line speed off the tail. Then the nose’s gradual curve offers the balance between stability and control without getting in the way through critical turns.
The flatter tail rocker engages plenty of board in the water adding to that forward drive and a higher nose rocker complements the outline nose template. The foil is slightly thicker more forward to again offer support and stability at lower speeds and the deeper concaves give you instant lift and bite through the tail when leaning on the 60/40 boxy short board rails.
All in all, this board will offer everything you want in small waves in order to get bigger and faster turns in the bag and more boost when looking for airs. If you want an easy to use shortboard that helps with day to day surfing struggles, such as bad waves and inconsistent technique due to not surfing enough, then this is the option for you.